Hi, I’m Alison McGrath and I’m so glad you have found your way to my profile.
Recovery can be a hard path to follow, but the more help and support we seek out, the easier it is to navigate the hard paths and find the genuine shortcuts to full health and vitality.
As a specialist recovery practitioner and ILM accredited wellbeing coach, I offer myself as an expert guide on your recovery journey. As your coach, I bring to our sessions:
• my personal experience of recovery from chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia,
• my professional background as a nurse,
• experience of juggling care for elderly parents with working motherhood,
• experience of working with nature and gardening to help people to heal,
• a deep knowledge of The Chrysalis Effect online programme, developed over five years, first as a recoverer, and then as a member of the support team.
How does coaching work?
Coaching is a powerful tool with a focus firmly on the future and the wonderful life that is waiting for you there. My role as your coach is to help you to understand where you are now, and to develop a vision of where you want to be. This will enable you to identify the steps you need to take to close the gap and walk towards full health and all the wonderful possibilities it opens.
Finding the light in your darkness right now
Sometimes it is hard to imagine anything beyond the end of your symptoms. Recovery can be just a vague hope for the future that helps us to cope with the present. I believe that experiencing recovery starts right here and now, finding the sparks of hope, joy and light in your darkness today.
In our sessions:
• I will teach you ways of creating those moments to nurture your spark of hope and find joy in life again.
• I will help you to understand where you are in the six phases of recovery.
• We will use the 8-Elements of Recovery wheel to focus in on which area of your life is most important to address right now.
• I will help you to understand your symptoms, and to recognise them as your body’s signposts for change.
• We will work together to develop a vision of your future that excites and motivates you to follow through on the changes you decide to make.
• I will gently challenge the barriers to your recovery that are just too familiar for you to see.
At the same time I will always be your number one cheerleader. I know from experience that full recovery is absolutely possible and I have complete belief in you.
I work primarily through one-to-one sessions via Zoom, but can offer face-to-face sessions in my clinic near Glasgow.
How can I find out more?
I would love to arrange a complementary 30 minute Discovery call with you, via Zoom. We will review where you are in the phases of recovery and how I can help you progress. I will answer any questions you might have, and we can explore whether I’m the right practitioner to support you.
To book your call, visit my website and click through to the bookings page using the main menu.
I hope to meet you soon, and wish you joy and light on your journey into a new life of health, energy, and fulfilment.